FY12 Strategic Action Plan
Vision, Mission, Values and Goals:
Derived by United Soybean Board International Marketing Committee and American Soybean Association Trade Policy and International Affairs Committee on January 23-24, 2011. Approved by USSEC Board on January 25, 2011
Soy for a Growing World
Maximize the use of U.S. soy internationally by meeting the needs of our stakeholders and global customers
We are committed to being:
- An effective contract organization on behalf of its funding members
- Responsive to the strategic priorities of our funding sources
- Transparent, fiscally responsible and compliant
We believe in:
- Building and defending markets
- Growing and maintaining Market Access
- Continually measuring our effectiveness
We will always act honorably, responsibly and with integrity
Goal #1: Increase the volume of U.S. soybean and product exports to 2.2 billion bushels by 2015 from current 2011 benchmark levels (~1.9 billion bushels). Sub-targets include Animal Utilization, Human Utilization, Industrial Utilization and Aquaculture Utilization. Sub-targets also are broken down by geographic regions (Europe-West Asia; East Asia; China; and Americas).
Goal #2: Enhance the reputation of the United States as a reliable, sustainable, and
consistent supplier of quality soybean products.
Goal #3: Continually improve USSEC as a World Class Marketing Organization.